Palliative and End of Life Care
Our qualified health professionals help clients live as comfortably as possible in their last months or weeks of life, allowing them to depart life with dignity.
Our healthcare professionals help manage pain, reduce distressing symptoms and make you as comfortable as possible. As well as managing the physical symptoms, emotional, psychological and spiritual support can be provided for the individual including their family. Our aim is to improve quality of life, help our clients live as well as possible by offering comfort, compassion, kindness and calmness. Our services are implemented using the Holistic Needs Assessment (HNA), HNA ensures physical, emotional and social needs are met in a timely and appropriate way. Information gathered from an HNA can also be shared (with consent) with the multidisciplinary team (MDT) to improve care and communication.
Palliative care is an approach that improves the quality of life of clients and their families facing problems associated with life-threatening illness. Palliative care often starts when curative treatment is no longer effective or possible. Prevention and relief of suffering by means of early identification, impeccable assessment and treatment of pain and other problems which can be physical, psychosocial and spiritual.
End of life care is an integral part of palliative care, clients may move suddenly from potentially curative treatment to end of life care. End of life care is care that helps all those with advanced, progressive, incurable illness to live as well as possible until they pass on. It includes the management of pain and other symptoms and provision of psychological, social, spiritual and practical support. It enables the supportive and palliative care needs of both client and family to be identified and met throughout the last phase of life and into bereavement.
Our Services Include:
- 24/7 Individualised nursing care in your home
- Pain management including medication administration
- Palliative care for all conditions
- Personal care, such as help with dressing, bathing and toileting
- Support with PEG/NG feeding, intravenous fluid administration, syringe drivers and stoma care
Why choose ROTHLEYS?
- Our approach to quality care focuses on a commitment to providing a high level of expertise and client service.
- We are dedicated to providing information to our clients and education to family members throughout the process.
- Our care focuses on the client and their loved ones and addressing their needs at every level.
- Our certified Bereavement Counsellor provides support to our clients and family members by facilitating individual and family therapy sessions to cope with the psychology of loss and stages of grief.
- Our healthcare professionals undertake regular training updates to maintain evidence based practice and deliver person-centred care.
- We follow and implement guidelines form the Association for Palliative Medicine as well as NHS England legislation, and policies that surround Palliative and End of Life Care.